University of Bristol A Cappella Society Committee Meeting – Monday 19th November at 8pm

Present:

  • Natalie Egan – President
  • Ben Harwood – Vice President and Suspensions Rep
  • Catt Hurman – Treasurer
  • Robbie Armstrong – Social Secretary
  • Kaylan Patel – Social Secretary
  • Rachael Mailer – Publicity Co-ordinator
  • Jessica Petrassi – Gigs Co-ordinator and Bristones Rep
  • Thomas Brennan – Musical Admin and Tone Rangers Rep
  • Ellie Clark – Pitch Fight Rep
  • Mosef  Aq – Brizzlebox Rep
  • Ben Allen – All Sharps Rep

In Attendance:

  • Rosie Boyce – Secretary

1. Apologies

– Liam Carty-Howe – Academy Rep

– Laura Weatherby – Top Note Rep

– Ayala Gottlieb Alter – All Sharps Rep

2. Previous Meetings Minutes

– ‘End of the memes please’ – Nat

– Everyone has read the minutes

3. Actions Update

– Digitalise music library – in progress

– MDs make scoring system – in progress

– Everyone buy membership – done 

  • We now officially have more members than we did last year – go a cappella!

– Rachael look into theatre department rehearsal spaces – done

– Finish dealing with the Jones situation – in progress

– Book Xmas Meal venue – done

– Pay T-shirt guy – in progress

– Redirect website payments to the SU account – in progress

– Put Xmas Meal tickets on sale – done

– Get a FoH team for BOSW – done

– Find out about coat rail for BOSW – done

– Group reps find out if groups can busk outside Senate to promote BOSW – in progress

– Push BOSW – ongoing

– Contact STA/Development Team about grant for racking – in progress

4. Treasurer’s Report

– Nothing much to report since the last meeting

5. Group Reps’ Report

5.1. Suspensions

– They went on the radio! They didn’t swear, and blew the right note so came in in the right key. Success!!!

– El came back this weekend and took some of rehearsal on Sunday which was lovely

– They had a photoshoot on Saturday morning very early

– They also have their new merch

5.2. Pitch Fight

– They learnt two new songs in yesterday’s rehearsal

– They’ve started their Christmas stuff – exciting!

5.3. Academy

– They submitted their ICCA video

– They also finished their Believer/Sail choreo this week – thanks Catt!

– Nat: ‘Can I have your report please’. Kaylan & Tom: ‘We are doing it’

– Cem keeps sending inappropriate images to members during rehearsals 

– Other than that, things are going well

5.4. All Sharps

– They had their first gig of the year on Saturday

– It was good! They performed in a lecture theatre, it was quite laid back but was really good practice for them

5.5. Bristones

– Tom was drunk in rehearsal today

– Other than that, everything went really well

– They’re completely off music

– Everyone is having fun, and its looking great for BOSW

5.6. Brizzlebox

– They have done their song, with choreo!

– They’re looking into getting some merch for the group as well

5.7. Top Note

– Laura isn’t here 

5.8. Tone Rangers

– Everything is going well

– They will be singing on mic for BOSW

6. Society SU Page 

– Ellie emailed the SU about why the membership link was down 

– It appears there are multiple pages created for the society on the SU site

– This has been fixed now, and the link is now working 

– However, there do still seem to be multiple pages on the site

7. EFM Gig 

– Pitch Fight and Academy are both available

– Nat has messaged EFM who will confirm which group they want

8. Christmas Show 

– Nat is meeting Ailsa tomorrow to discuss the Christmas Show 

– Everyone on committee was struggling to come up with fun a cappella puns for the name so this is still in the thinking stages

9. BOSW Takeover 

– Kaylan wants us to take two group photos (one Bristol, one of the visitors) after the warm up so we can post them to the university Instagram

– There will also be videos and photos of various performing groups posted to the Instagram story throughout the evening 

10. BOSW

– Ticket sales are going well but we still need to keep pushing them 

– Rachael’s posters are amazing, and we still have a fair few left so can put more up

ACTION:

  • Group reps to give posters to their first years in rehearsals this week to put up in halls 

– We are expecting there to be a few tickets sold on the door, so we will need a change float

– Ben & Rosie will be stood at the top of the stairs in their committee shirts 

– The STA still haven’t let us know how much we will have to pay for the hired mics, but we will know soon

– Committee still need to create a Spotify playlist for the interval

ACTION:

  • Jess & Ellie to create a playlist of a cappella bangers for the interval, with as many songs from performing groups as possible 

– Suspensions STILL haven’t sent their lighting preferences – naughty, naughty 

ACTION:

  • Ben to send lighting preferences to Jess

ACTION:

  • Group reps ensure that their members are coming to the soundcheck on Saturday

– Committee want to post about BOSW on UK A Cappella again, Dan has approved that it is okay for us to do this

ACTION:

  • Group reps make sure that hosts know they need to pick people up from their soundchecks!! We don’t want people being left at the SU

11. AOB

11.1 Committee Meal

ACTION:

  • Kaylan and Robbie to do a poll for dates 

ACTION:

  • Also do a poll to see if committee want to go to St Nicks Night Market on 7th December

11.2 Christmas TV Gig

– There is a group who wants to do this

– There are also several people who are willing to do it, but depending on dates for filming

– Ben and Rachael are happy to head up communication with the company 

12. Cake Rota

Liam

13. A Cappella Song Rota

She Wolf‘ by Sweet Nothings