University of Bristol A Cappella Society Committee Meeting – Wednesday 8th February at 1pm
- Dan Mailer – President
- Helen Frawley – Publicity Co-ordinator
- Jess Kim – Social Secretary
- Karen Lillywhite – Upper Voices Rep
- Mike Blitz – Lower Voices Rep
- Scott Lechleiter – Brizzlebox Rep
- Nathalie Perthuisot – Pitch Fight Rep
- Seb Watts – Deputy Academy Rep
- Joe Pickin – Vice-President and Suspensions Rep
– Matthew Belsey – Treasurer and Equality Officer
– Tash Orchant – Gigs Co-ordinator and Equality Officer
– Justine Laurain – Musical Admin
– Lauren Garner-Jackson – Secretary
– Iain Hallam – Mixed Chorus Rep
– Sam Butler – HotTUBBS Rep
– Nicolas Audinet – Academy Rep
2. Previous Meetings Minutes
– All was fine
3. Treasurer’s Report
– Matthew isn’t here
4. Actions Update
– Things have been done and need to be done.
- Dan to remind people to fill out Doodle Poll on MD Facebook group
- Joe to chase Georgia up about Performing Arts Gets Poshed
5. Group Reps’ Report
– ICCAs were alright I suppose.
– They are having a chilled rehearsal today!
– They are on the radio on Sunday!
- Joe to post Dropbox link to Suspensions’ set to committee group
5.2 Pitch Fight
– ICCAs was great!
– They are looking forward to the show on Friday
– They’ve got a 6-song set!
– They have a BBC audition coming up.
– They are starting to arrange busking to raise funds to record a single with Liquid Fifth.
– They have got a 4-song set for the show on Friday.
– Only one song is not from Shrek lol.
– They are looking forward to the show, but they’re in a bit of a rush!
– They hope it looks good!
– A teaser trailer for the show is coming out today!
– They are starting to think about putting on their own concert towards the end of the year.
– A few arrangements are “on the brew”.
– They are getting on with stuff as usual.
– They have started ‘Thriller’ this week.
– All is well!
– The recruitment drive is going well!
– The format change is still a problem.
– They went through old rep for the Explore ’17 gig which is on Thursday.
– Not much has changed.
– Except that Connie is in the group woo!
– They are looking forward to trying an “interactive” piece for the show on Friday
6. Sustainability (BAS)
– Lauren and Matthew aren’t here so Committee doesn’t know what this is about
– Lauren isn’t here so Committee doesn’t know what this is about
8. Upcoming Events
– It’s an SU Facebook event but Dan is going to be added as a host.
– There’s going to be better lighting (fairy lights), and there’ll be using some of the Society’s radio mics!
– Dan is thinking about limiting people to one song each.
– Everyone come woo!
8.1.2 Scavenger Hunt
– Jess is going through the penalties and points and things.
– The Pegg is booked from 6:30-8:00pm for pizza.
– The plan is to head to Lounge afterwards.
- Jess get an entry deal to Lounge – about 20 people
8.1.3 Movie Night
– Date is 10th March.
– Jess still needs to post a poll in the member’s group.
– A Ball meeting is happening at 16:15 later today, so the Ball Committee will report back at the next meeting.
8.2 Explore ‘17
– This is a TUBBS gig on Thursday 9th Feb (tomorrow).
– Dan thinks he should give the organiser Iain’s and Karen’s number as he’s not coming.
– TUBBS are sound-checking at 6pm.
8.3 Acadapitchbox Concert
– Everything is going well
– 40 tickets have been sold so far.
– They are expecting a lot more tickets to sell on the door.
– Sound-checks are today, with a run through tomorrow, and the show is on Friday.
– There will be lots of great lighting.
– Nathalie has done an interview-teaser for each group.
– Budget update: the lighting price has gone up by £11 but the Society is fine to cover it.
– Connie has arranged for people from her film school to film the show, and Nathalie has arranged for a student to take photos for the run-through.
– Everyone come wooooo!
8.4 10th Anniversary Concert
– Dan asked Ben about the Winston, and he says he’ll bring it up at the next committee meeting.
– We shall see.
8.5 Suspensions 29th April Gig
– Nothing new
9. Booking Requests
– Dan says this shouldn’t be on here as the Society doesn’t own the mirrors
– They’re owned by all the performing arts societies, so it’s not our job to hire them out.
– But basically someone wanted to borrow one mirror on 18th/19th March.
10.1 Format change for TUBBS rehearsals
– The format for TUBBS rehearsals really isn’t working
– People leave after the mixed rehearsal so there’s a very small upper and lower voices turnout.
– This is stressful for the MDs.
– Dan suggests not having a break before UV and LV rehearsals and then having one at 6:30pm.
– Karen disagrees because she feels the break is valuable social time.
– Is St Paul’s a better option?
– Mike thinks it’s still too cold and has bad rehearsal acoustic.
– Mike thinks maybe the Bristol Improv Theatre could be good.
– Joe thinks they’ll often have shows on Tuesday nights.
– People are leaving because of getting back in time for hall dinners, but there is an option to transfer your meal to the Hawthorns which serve food til 8pm – it might be worth reminding TUBBS first-year members?
– Dan feels the rehearsal should be 2 hours long rather than 2 and a half hours.
– This might encourage members to stay til the end.
– Karen says TUBBS haven’t had a team meeting for a while so she will bring these points up then.
– LFM won’t budge on letting TUBBS have a room between 5-6pm.
- Mike to ask about Manor Hall hall for TUBBS rehearsal.
- Helen to post in TUBBS member’s group to remind people to book meals in the Hawthorns
– Lauren has just turned up yay!
11. Cake Rota
12. A Cappella Song Rota
– Dan is on it but it’s a bit loud in the Balloon Bar
– He’s chosen the trailer for the Acadapitchbox concert #tune