University of Bristol A Cappella Society Committee Meeting – Wednesday 15th February at 2pm
- Dan Mailer – President
- Matthew Belsey – Treasurer and Equality Officer
- Lauren Garner-Jackson – Secretary
- Helen Frawley – Publicity Co-ordinator
- Tash Orchant – Gigs Co-ordinator and Equality Officer
- Scott Lechleiter – Brizzlebox Rep
- Karen Lillywhite – Upper Voices Rep
- Nathalie Perthuisot – Pitch Fight Rep
- Nicolas Audinet – Academy Rep
- Sam Butler – HotTUBBS Rep
- Sophie Berry – Deputy Lower Voices Rep
- Joe Pickin – Vice-President and Suspensions Rep
– Mike Blitz – Lower Voices Rep
– Iain Hallam – Mixed Chorus Rep
– Jess Kim – Social Secretary
– Justine Laurain – Musical Admin
– Dan was shamefully late
2. Previous Meetings Minutes
– 10/10 would read again
3. Treasurer’s Report
– If you go on the Dropbox there’s a nice little ball budget says Matthew
– Matthew still hasn’t done the signatories thing
– The society is spending £750 on the ball
– Matthew asks if everyone is happy with spending that much
– Committee seems to be
4. Actions Update
- Jess to tell Poshed team to change description to include A Cappella Soc
– Everyone do your actions
– Lauren archived a card by mistake
5. Group Reps’ Report
– They are getting back into the flow of things
– They are starting new music
– They sang on that radio thing, which was a weird experience according to Joe
5.2 Pitch Fight
– They are also getting back to more chilled stuff after the show
– They are working on the BBC audition
– They are learning new arrangements
– They may be buying t-shirts (please God)
– They are going to raise money to record a single with Liquid Fifth
– They are quite tired from the concert
– They are looking at learning new songs so they have a decent set
– They are looking at changing rehearsal times
- Nic and Joe talk about changing LFM room booking times
– Things are happening slowly and busking is happening
– They might even get merch!
– They had a gig – it sounded good!
– A fire alarm interrupted the gig but it was fine
– The split at rehearsal was good this week
– Some people obviously listened to Helen about getting packed dinners
– Karen thinks they might need another recruitment drive at some point, although yesterday was Valentine’s day so that didn’t help
– They had a really cool gig, and had some really great photos come out of it!
– They are now 5 people so unfortunately they won’t be able to use their awesome cover photo for very long!
– They want to do some interactive social media stuff – weekly “Brizzleblogs”
6. Sustainability (BAS)
– One of the balloon accreditation schemes is Sustainability
– Matthew is offering to do most of the work for that award which involves writing a report
– Scott is willing to help
– Sounds good
7. T Shirts
– Everyone please get merch!
– Joe is getting frustrated
– People are sorting it
- Everyone get merch!
– The Appendix for which we don’t need the members to vote on, Lauren is just going to change when she gets chance
– Members will be voting on the rest of the changes at the AGM – hopefully it won’t take long!
- Lauren and Dan write the motions for constitution changes at AGM.
9. Upcoming Events
– It’s happening on Friday!!
– There is lots of interest on Facebook
– It’s on posters in the Union lifts!
– Get there early people
– Group reps should remind members about it!
9.1.2. Scavenger Hunt
– Scott doesn’t know if Jess has sorted the challenges yet
– Group reps need to remind everyone to get their costumes ready
- Jess think of the best way to get pizza orders e.g. in person, google form, poll, etc.
9.1.3. Movie Night
– Pitch Perfect 2 was winning in the polls, so it’ll be the film!
– Joe says it’s not very good but has a copy of it
– It was a ‘gift’
– Tickets are released on Sunday so everyone get members hyped!
– The Society is subsidising it
– The food is apparently amazing
– The members get to choose the music ALL NIGHT
– It’s gonna be the best night of our lives
– It’s formal dress, y’all
- Group reps remind members about the ball
9.2. 10th Anniversary Concert
– Nothing new
9.3. Suspensions 29th April Gig
– Nothing new
10. Booking Requests
11.1. Acadapitchbox Gig
– They broke even!
– We can all agree it was a great show
– They got great feedback too!
– ‘It’s nice to know we can do a show without Suspensions” – Nic
– There should be a full show video coming out
– Nathalie is going to send the finance report to Matthew
- Matt find out where the money from Acadapitchbox has gone to
11.2. Development Team Email
– Dan got an email from the SU
– They want to find out how the Society works, since we’re so amazing
– They’re going to be following and observing us until August, with the aim to helping other societies become as great as us (good luck)
– Dan is going to a development team meeting on Monday to explain how the Society works a little more, and then there’s a meeting every other month.
– One of the perks is that Dan gets to go to a fancy networking event, and the Society gets £100 – decent
11.3. Audition Process
– Nic wants to talk about how the Society chooses members of auditioned groups for next year
– It is agreed that he should bring it up to the new committee so they can sort out a process for next year
– He could bring it up at the AGM or with new committee
11.4. Committee Positions
– Group reps should start planting the seeds to encourage people to run for committee positions
– Dan says each group should have their own AGM too
11.5. 10th Anniversary Gig Committee
– Tash wants to organise a committee for the 10th anniversary show
– It would be good for the group reps to be involved
– Tash is going to organise it
12. Cake Rota
13. A Cappella Song Rota
– Lauren chose Sons of Pitches – Shape of You