University of Bristol A Cappella Society Committee Meeting – Sunday 19th March at 10am

Present:

  • Matthew Belsey – President and Equality Officer
  • Lauren Garner-Jackson – Vice President
  • Joe Pickin – Outgoing Vice-President and Suspensions Rep
  • Cem Rifat – Treasurer
  • Justine Laurain – Outgoing Musical Admin
  • Jess Kim – Outgoing Social Secretary
  • Natalie Egan – Social Secretary
  • Eleanor Leaper – Gigs Co-ordinator
  • Ella Horne – Musical Admin
  • Nicolas Audinet – Academy Rep
  • Scott Lechleiter – Brizzlebox Rep
  • Iain Hallam – Mixed Chorus Rep
  • Mike Blitz – Lower Voices Rep

In Attendance:

  • Beth Davies – Secretary

1. Apologies

– Helen Frawley – Outgoing Publicity Co-ordinator

– Karen Lillywhite – Upper Voices Rep

– Lottie Regan – Publicity Co-ordinator

– Tash Orchant – Outgoing Gigs Co-ordinator and Equality Officer

– Sam Butler – HotTUBBS Rep

– Nathalie Perthuisot – Pitch Fight Rep

– Dan Mailer – Outgoing President

2. Previous Meetings Minutes

– Apparently everyone read the minutes

– Obviously new committee will keep this up

3. Treasurer’s Report

– Nothing to report

4. Actions Update

– Lauren, Matt and Joe have done handovers woo, everyone else needs to do it asap

– Matt buy the tascam and cable and stand

– Matt and Dan send Lauren the reports from the AGM

– Mike/Karen distribute Aladdin music to all groups

– Get merch! (HotTUBBS have just ordered some woo) Academy are thinking about it, have been all year apparently

– Matt donate TUBBS charity concert money to MIND

5. Group Reps’ Report

5.1. Suspensions

– Joe’s final group rep meeting (or maybe not)

– ICCAs coming up, 6 days to go!

– Having extra rehearsals, lots of choreo

– Redgrave show coming up, filming trailer which is very exciting

– Last busking session yesterday, probably

– £1200 from busking! (everyone should do it)

5.2. Pitch Fight

– Learning lots of Hamilton

– They didn’t have a rehearsal on Friday due to the ball

5.3. Academy

– Learning a new song, ‘Closer’ by Steps ooo

5.4. HotTUBBS

– Merch is being/ has been bought

– Planning on going busking

5.5. TUBBS

– There was no rehearsal this week due to the AGM

– Starting the Aladdin medley yay

5.6. Brizzlebox

– They are not having an AGM seeing as there’s only 5 of them

– Their new song is still in progress

– Prepping for Redgrave show woo

6. Balloon Accred Scheme

– Matt and Lauren tried to remember all 5 categories and failed, they had to google them instead (terrible)

– The society should be on target for gold in all categories

ACTION:

  • Lauren update constitution and upload AGM minutes

7. Joint committee social

– Committee need to organise a social (gonna be a mad one), probs some kind of meal

ACTION:

  • Natalie create a doodle poll for all of us

8. Handovers

– People still need to do handovers asap, pester the predecessors

– Everyone will start receiving committee emails woo

– Lauren is sorting out everyone’s admin

9. AGM motion summaries

– Going to be put on members page

ACTION:

  • Lauren to summarise AGM motions

10. 10th Anniversary Concert Organisers Meeting

– Subcommittee need to meet and organise, just making a facebook group is not actually organising

11. Co-opted Positions

– Alumni coordinator – Lauren will do it if no one else in society wants to

– Web master and Equality officer needed

– Need to ask members if they want the positions, committee can vote them in

ACTION:

  • Ask members about co-opted positions

– Tech coordinator – El stepped up to the task

VOTE

– Yes – 13
– No- 0
– Abstain – 1

– El is the new tech co-ordinator woo

12. Natwest Signatories

– Matt has the forms, old committee need to sign the form

ACTION:

  • Matt get the signatures

13. Ball Review

– Pros:
o Having the DJ play our own playlist was great
o Snapchat filter was awesome and cheap
o Space worked well, different rooms were good
o Organising with the staff was easy

– Cons:
o Disputes over sticky toffee pudding situation, most were rock solid, Natalie’s was the only soft one
o Vegan dessert came with real cream, genius
o Some of the drinks were on wrong tables
o Potentially round tables made the room very loud, people had to talk loudly to speak to everyone
o Drinks from bar were SO EXPENSIVE
o One of the members of staff was a bit standoffish, Lauren doesn’t like short people (poor choice of words)

– The venue will call Jess and she can give feedback

– The society spent £2285.02 overall

– £1606 incoming money

– Overall the ball was £12 under budget woo

– Probably would consider going back to the venue at some point

– Lauren is handing out the place cards from then venue to group reps to give out, all of suspensions took theirs lol

14. Upcoming Events

14.1. Socials

14.1.1. Joint committee social

– Natalie is creating a doodle poll

14.1.2 Last committee social

– Need everyone to respond to event, no one say maybe

14.2. 10th Anniversary Concert

– It’s in the Anson rooms!

– Sub-committee has already been created. El, Lottie, Matt & group reps to be added to the facebook group

– Need to organise a meeting of everyone physically

– The joint song is being sorted

– Defying gravity sent to alumni

14.3. Suspensions 29th April Gig

– BUY TICKETS

– Still being organised (gonna be epic)

15. Booking Requests

15.1. Rugby Match Performance

– No one has come forward to do it

ACTION:

  • Lauren reply to national anthem request

16. AOB

– Mike would like a social to Airhop, everyone else agreed this is an excellent idea

ACTION:

  • Natalie look into Airhop

17. Cake Rota

– There is an insane amount of cake this week, this sets unrealistic expectations to current committee

– Natalie on cake next week

18. A Cappella Song Rota

– Matt chose Nor’easters – Fools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9y69j5YP3Q