University of Bristol A Cappella Society Committee Meeting – Saturday 20th January at 10am

Present:

  • Matthew Belsey – President and Equality Officer
  • Lottie Regan – Publicity Co-ordinator and Suspensions Rep
  • James Dempsey – Brizzlebox Rep

In Attendance:

  • Lauren Garner-Jackson – Vice-President and Bristones Rep

1. Apologies

– Beth Davies – Secretary

– Cem Rifat – Treasurer and Academy Rep

– Eleanor Leaper – Gigs Co-ordinator

– Robbie Armstrong – Web Master

– Olivia Witts – Equality Officer

– Ella Horne – Musical Admin and Top Note Rep

– Rhianna Roberts – Pitch Fight Rep

– Edward Walker – Academy Rep

– Natalie Egan – Social Secretary

– Sam Butler – All Sharps Rep

– Mike Blitz – The Tone Rangers Rep

2. Previous Meetings Minutes

– There are literally 3 people here! And it’s 10:18am!

– Shame on Committee

3. Treasurer’s Report 

– Much dolla has been spent recently which is all good

4. Actions Update

– I mean, there are 3 of us here so there will still be a lot to do

– Matthew has brought forth 8 pains au chocolat!

– Sucks to be you if you didn’t turn up #shade

– James still isn’t here to change the background photo on Trello… what a shame

ACTION:

  • Lottie contact Alicia about Xmas Concert videos

5. Group Reps’ Report

5.1. Suspensions

– Lottie hasn’t been in Bristol lol

– They have had 2 rehearsals so far

– They are working on their set for the ICCAs

– They are performing at the London A Cappella Festival next weekend!

– Committee agrees that Lauren is incredible and that’s all we have to say on the matter

– Committee also agrees that everyone else is s**t

– Matthew has new laundry detergent

– He’s going up in the world

5.2. Pitch Fight

– No one is here

5.3. Academy

– No one is here

5.4. All Sharps

– No one is here

5.5 Bristones

– They’re doing Man In The Mirror and You Will Be Found from Dear Evan Hansen <3

5.6. Brizzlebox

– No one is here

– James has turned up

– They were the 7th best group at Christmas Concert lol

– James has been really ill with all the illnesses :’(

5.7 Top Note

– No one is here

5.8 Tone Rangers

– No rehearsals yet this term

– Dempsey has turned up :O

6. Beatbox Workshop

– This needs to happen ASAP

– Auditions will be happening after the workshop

– It could either be on a weekend or a Wednesday

– Wednesday 31st January is a possibility

– ‘Oh New Year’s Eve!’ – Lottie

– 3-4:30pm seems like a good slot

– James will check availability

– Committee discusses the longevity of James’ laptops during the course of uni

– It is concluded that James just kills his laptops

– If the time and date is alright then an event needs creating soon

7. Arranging Workshop

– Dan suggested doing one to get more members arranging for the society

ACTION:

  • Matthew post in MD group to see who wants to run an arranging workshop

8. Reading/Bristones gig

– Reading as in the place lol

– It has been suggested that Bristones do a joint event with a Reading a cappella group that an alumnus of the society is a member of

– Committee discusses the potential difficulties with this, including the fact that the group might not be able to commit fully to the project, which wouldn’t be fair on Reading

– There is also no availability of venue in Bristol

– Perhaps some of the other groups in Bristol, outside of the uni, would be better

ACTION:

  • Lauren reply to Roxanne

9. Upcoming Events

9.1. BASW

– There was no availability in the Union

– El looked into the Trinity Centre

– It was bare moneyzzzz

– ‘I would literally get the flu and diarrhoea every Christmas Day’ – James Dempsey 2k18

– ‘Consecutive Christmas Day diarrhoea’

– ‘I would wake up feeling shit, then think, oh shit, I’m going to shit’

– ‘This was every Christmas until like GCSE’

– SO anyway, Committee decides that this is looking more and more unlikely given how quickly the date of the event is coming up

– ‘I love looking through my bank statement – it’s just Sainsbury’s’ – James

– Committee concludes that the rest of committee needs to be here to make an official decision

9.2. Ball

– Tickets are on sale!

– Everyone hype it up to all members

ACTION:

  • Group reps publicise Ball to members

– Matthew did not listen to Lauren in the meeting so she’s contemplating a vote of no confidence

9.3. Taster Session

– EVERYONE COME

– Committee could arrange a snapchat filter in the SU

ACTION:

  • Lottie sort snapchat filter

ACTION:

  • Group reps get all members to go to taster session

– Committee members should all be there wearing their committee t-shirts or group merch otherwise

ACTION:

  • Jon bring loads of biscuits to taster session

9.4. Scavenger Hunt

– It’s so soon!

– It’s 2 weeks on Tuesday!!!

10. Booking Requests

10.1. Wedding Request

– A group is needed for 1 hour really

– She wants either Suspensions, Academy, All Sharps or Pitch Fight

– It is on 28th April

– Committee need to gauge interest from the groups

ACTION:

  • El to find a group to do the wedding gig

11. AOB

12. Breakfast Rota

– TBC

13. A Cappella Song Rota

– Lottie chose Beggin and Pleadin – Pitched Slapped