University of Bristol A Cappella Society Committee Meeting – Wednesday 30th May at 1pm

Present:

  • Natalie Egan – President and Pitch Fight Rep
  • Catt Hurman – Treasurer
  • Ben Harwood – Vice President and Suspensions Rep
  • Robbie Armstrong – Social Secretary
  • Thomas Brennan – Musical Admin
  • Jessica Petrassi – Gigs Co-ordinator
  • Sam Butler – All Sharps Rep

In Attendance:

  • Rosie Boyce – Secretary

1. Apologies

– Rachael Mailer – Publicity Co-ordinator

– Kaylan Patel – Social Secretary

– Ed Walker – Academy Rep

– Laura Wetherby – Top Note Rep

– James Dempsey – Brizzlebox Rep

2. Previous Meetings Minutes

– Read by all

3. Treasurer’s Report

– STA hired mics from the society and were invoiced £48 for them

4. Actions Update

– Busking Mic – in progress

– Update the websites – Catt has been doing this. Nat has found a potential webmaster

– TUBBS Money – signatories need to be sorted out before this can be done. 

ACTION:

  • Catt contact Matt regarding this

– Digitalise Music Library – in progress

– Microphone handover document – in progress

ACTION:

  • Nat meet with Dan to organise his handovers

– Panel for MDs – done

– Nick Jones Invoice – ongoing

– Cem’s invoice for Voice Fest Claim – ongoing

– All Sharps Group Reps – Ayala and Ben running group next year, Ben will be group rep

– MD Meeting – done

5. Group Reps’ Report

5.1. Suspensions

– Launched their fringe fundraiser video 

– Haven’t had any rehearsals in the last two weeks

5.2. Pitch Fight

– They started a new song yesterday 

– Fringe Rehearsals with Academy start this weekend 

– Meant to be filming our trailer, but need a location 

5.3. Academy

– Ed is not here

5.4. All Sharps

– They have new MDs!

– They have had some chilled rehearsals recently 

5.5. Bristones

– Had their final rehearsal yesterday

5.6. Brizzlebox

– Dempsey is not here

5.7. Top Note

– Laura is not here

5.8. Tone Rangers

– Tone Rangers had their MD auditions

6. Committee T- Shirts 

– We need these for next year

– Suggested that it is good to keep consistency for publicity reasons 

– Committee decide to ask Rachael if she has any ideas for new designs 

– Committee is happy to order them from the same place as last year

ACTION:

  • Rachael to look at designs and order shirts ASAP

7. Families for next year 

– Robbie and Kaylan making a document for people to sign up as couples

– One idea is to push the family sign up at auditions for groups, as they keep people who are interested in the society

– Committee also want to do a big push for it at the taster session

– Nat suggests that the google sheet comes out before the BBQ so people can propose to each other there 

– Committee encourage couples to form from separate groups 

8. Academy STA Invoice

– Academy have been invoiced for their use of the Winston

– Catt spoke to Cem, and Academy weren’t expecting to be invoiced for this

– As its just £5, committee decide to vote whether to pay this  

– VOTE: 4 YES; 2 NO; 1 RON; 1 ABSTAIN

 

ACTION:

  • Catt to pay this

9. Mascot Name 

– The winner takes a sizable share of the vote

– Announcement to the society will be later this week

ACTION:

  • Ben to do an announcement post

10. SU Grant Spending Proof

– The grant paid for the three people who had to fly home early from the ski trip for ICCAs

– Nat needs to claim Pitch Fight’s share

ACTION:

  • Ben to find out if Cassie was reimbursed, Catt to check if Angus was reimbursed

– Catt confirms Angus was paid back

11. PAF 

– PAF Slot meeting was for the societies that didn’t do well in the PAF meeting

– We have now discovered that doing BOSW in the Anson Rooms is possibly cheaper than the Winston 

– However, we cannot do it in Week 5 with the STA officially crewing it

– It was agreed that any excess costs caused by putting on the show in the Anson Rooms will be covered by PAF

– To sort out tech issues, we may need to do production team callouts 

12. Upcoming Events

12.1 Summer BBQ

– Due to conflicting rehearsals schedules with groups, the current idea is to cook twice so that everyone can eat

– Current weather forecast is nice, but if the weather is poor on the day we could go to the pub instead 

– Robbie will be buying the food on the day based on the weather 

13. AOB

13.1 Broken Locker

– Thomas going to speak to the porters about this

14. Cake Rota

– Jessica

15. A Cappella Song Rota

Ben picked Royal Romance by the Other Guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAlnM7RUDcA