The Bristol Suspensions
The Bristol Suspensions are a 17-piece mixed group who specialise in modern a cappella. A hit with audiences across the country, they are known for their unique arrangements, impressive vocals, and hilarious choreography.
- We sing a variety of music, including up-tempo medleys, ballads, comedy songs, and Christmas songs, all in the modern a cappella style (with beatboxing and soloists). Check out our YouTube channel to get a flavour of our style.
- We were crowned the Voice Festival University Champions 2016, as well as winning awards for outstanding choreography, beatboxing, and arrangements.
- We perform regularly at all kinds of events, including society balls, formals and staff events, and we often can be found busking on the streets of Bristol.
- We travel to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival every August, and have enjoyed singing on shows all over the country, as well as featuring on TV and radio! Our 2016 Fringe Run was a sell out, and this year we hope to do a US tour.
- We are looking for strong singers of all parts (and beatboxers and techies!) to join us for another exciting year. You don’t have to be able to read music, but you will be expected to dance…
- Please note that being a member of The Bristol Suspensions is a big commitment – there are rehearsals, weekend trips, video shoots, studio recordings, and members are expected to learn music outside of rehearsals. That being said, it is the most fun and rewarding experience to have, and we are all really close friends!
Rehearsals: Wednesdays 5-7pm, Sundays 5-7pm.