The Bristol Suspensions (Auditioned)
The Bristol Suspensions are a mixed group who specialise in modern a cappella. After only 6 years of existence currently going into our 7th, we have become a hit with audiences across the country, being known for our unique arrangements, impressive vocals, and hilarious choreography.
- We sing a variety of music, from pop to country to techno (with beatboxing and soloists) – you name it, we’ve sung it! Check out our YouTube channel to get a flavour of our style.
- We have recorded two albums, released many music videos, sung on live radio, appeared on BBC1’s Pitch Battle and recently released our new EP – Testament
- We have competed at the ICCA UK Semifinals, won two ICCA Quarterfinals and received multiple awards for Outstanding Arranging, Choreography and Vocal Percussion as well as placing 2nd at the ICCA UK Semi-finals 2 years in a row!
- We were crowned the Voice Festival University Champions 2016, as well as winning multiple awards
- We were recently crowned Champions at the Irish International A Cappella Festival 2019 * We perform regularly at all kinds of events, including society balls, formals and staff events, and we often can be found busking on the streets of Bristol.
- We travel to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival every August, and have enjoyed singing on shows all over the country, as well as featuring on TV and radio! We even had a few sell out Fringe runs!
- We are looking for strong singers of all parts (and beatboxers and techies!) to join us for another exciting year. You don’t have to be able to read music, but you will be expected to dance…
- Please note that being a member of The Bristol Suspensions is a big commitment – there are rehearsals, weekend trips, video shoots, studio recordings, and members are expected to learn music outside of rehearsals. That being said, it is the most fun and rewarding experience to have, and we are all really close friends!